The Southernmost entrance to our neighborhood is at McKnight and York Hills Drive. York Hills was originally a private stand-alone lane, but merged with York Village around 1955. We estimate the current monument at that entrance was built around 1952.
As you can see in the photos, the old brick monuments are beyond repair. Additionally, they do not tie in with the theme of our main entrance at York Drive. Click here to read another endorsement of the design from Architect and life long York Village resident Rich Emery.
Here is a link to download and view a photo of how the entrance looks now.
Here is a link to view and download a mock up of how the new entrance monuments will look.
Here is a link to view and download the site plan as of April 29, 2018.
The trustees have spearheaded this project with ongoing communication and input from stakeholders in the neighborhood since the concept was first presented at an owners meeting on June 11, 2015. To learn more about the Trustees roles and responsibilities, visit the Trust Indentures page of this site.
Copyright © York Village Trustees. All rights reserved.
St. Louis, MO